Just received the attached email from Oakhurst. As you can see there has been a scheduling screw up and there are no tee times now available for the scheduled match on May 28. Thanks to everyone who did sign up.
Our next scheduled Away matches are at Discovery Bay on June 10 and Berkeley on July 1, followed by Blackhawk on July 22. Luckily, our remaining six matches after that take place between early August and late October. Hopefully, we will get some golf in by then.
From: Larry Sheppard <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2020 6:45 PM
To: Burke Ferrari
Subject: Seniors at Oakhurst
Hello Burke – Bad News!! I went by Oakhurst today to confirm a Senior event next Thursday (5/21). We are going to play a small tournament with just our Senior group. I mentioned to our head pro that we should expect a small group from Rossmoor on the 28th (this event has been on the schedule since last October). Our head pro told me that she “assumed” we wouldn’t be playing any Senior events in May so didn’t save any tee times for the 28th and, as has been the case since we’ve reopened, there were no tee openings that day until late afternoon. I am sure that I had informed her that the event might still happen but she either didn’t remember or made the decision on her own. Anyway, I apologize but we’ll need to call off the event on the 28th.
Sorry – Larry
RMGC Home & Away
Rossmoor visits Oakhurst C.C., Thursday, May 28, 2020
Oakhurst Country Club has started limited play, and they have proposed to host the regularly scheduled match but with the following restrictions (as received from Oakhurst).
17 holes of golf (limited due to an ongoing irrigation project).
NO SHOTGUN STARTS (this is a major issue for our programs as it spreads the team members out so they don’t start/finish at the same time)
Very limited use of the clubhouse and no group functions
One person in each cart (we currently have 70+ carts, so the field would have to be reduced in some cases)
Food service is limited (we are currently serving hot dogs and hamburgers at the 1/2 way house)
No rakes in sand traps so any ball in a trap is problematic (we could use a lift / clean / place rule for those shots)
Tee times beginning at 8:30 am and every 15 minutes thereafter.
A hotdog/hamburger; chips; beer/soda after the 9th hole
The cost will be $50 per player to include Rossmoor prize fund.
We are sending this invitation out to the RMGC membership via email rather than the normal newspaper advertisement and golf shop notice and we propose to operate the signups as follows:
· Oakhurst has given us a limit of 18 players. We will accept commitments to play via email to Burke Ferrari, the Home & Away Co-Captain, at [email protected]. Signup are to start immediately and will end at 6:00PM on Sunday, May 17. If there are more than 18 requests to play the selection will be based on HOME event participation last year. Please include your GHIN number in your email.
· After receiving the list of Rossmoor players, Oakhurst will give us starting times (the plan is to have two Rossmoor players in each foursome).
· The names and starting times will be emailed to all players as soon as they are available.
· Payment will be by check made out to the RMGC and mailed to Ed O’Dea at 1723 Comstock Dr., Walnut Creek, Ca 94595. Please mail your check in before the event date.
· Results will be emailed to all participants and prize information will be forwarded to the golf shop to be credited to your account. Each player will be responsible for posting their own score.