The Rossmoor Men’s Golf Club nominating committee is seeking nominees to serve on the Rossmoor Men’s Club Board of Directors.
We hope the information below will help in your consideration to be available to serve on the Board. Please RSVP by September 12th, to any member of the nominating committee.
The all-volunteer board presents an opportunity to support the club. Many hands make light work. Past board members will attest to the positive experience of being on the board. It is a great way to get to know all of our fellow golfers and a great complement to the Rossmoor Golf experience.
The RMGC board is a 12-member board that serves 3-year terms. Each year 4 positions become available. The board currently has committees to help support the goals of the RMGC. The Board meets once a month. Currently the meetings are held via Zoom.
The Board of Directors elects the officers of the board within 10 days after the annual meeting and election of the board member. The officers of the board are President, President elect, Secretary, and Treasurer.
The current committees of the board are:
- Tournaments – The committee establishes the number and types of tournament events for a calendar year.
- Home and Home – Our club hosts other clubs in the area and these clubs reciprocate with play at their courses. The day includes breakfast, round of golf, lunch and prizes at a discounted rate.
- Handicap – Insures the RMGC conforms to the USGA/NCGA handicap system.
- Food and Beverage – Supports Tournaments and Events by coordinating food and beverage service.
- Membership – Maintains list of members and coordinates with NCGA membership. Provides membership information to new members.
- Communications – Provides information to the membership on current and planned events. Helps maintain the RMGC website.
- Twilight – An RMGC sponsored monthly event from March to October. The event is open to all Rossmoor golfers with a handicap. The 9-hole scramble tournament concludes with dinner and prize presentations.
- The Invitational – Rossmoor’s premier member guest event is a one-day tournament invitational. Members and guests are flighted. It is not necessary for guests to have a handicap. It is common that family members are guests. The tournament is a 2 best ball event.
The nominating committee:
- Pat Iacullo, [email protected]
- Chuck Leong, [email protected]
- Chuck Clare, [email protected]
- Dan Gonzalez, [email protected]
- Steve Roath, [email protected]
- John McDonnell, [email protected]